If you really want to impress your sweetie this Valentine’s Day, dinner at one of the most romantic restaurants in the country could do it. Yelp put together a list of the top picks based on how many reviews mention the word “romantic,” as well as rating, so you could find the ideal location for your lovey-dovey dinner.
The list of top romantic restaurants has winners in big cities you’d expect, like New York City, Chicago, and Philadelphia. But the top spot was somewhere a little surprising. The most romantic restaurant in the U.S., according to Yelp reviewers is Café Monarch in Scottsdale, Arizona.
It’s a fine-dining restaurant that serves a weekly rotating four-course menu created with local, organic, sustainable and overall responsibly procured ingredients. And while we may not have heard of it, Café Monarch is on dozens of top dining lists, including OpenTable’s Top 100 Best Restaurants in American for the last three years. They have impressive food and alcohol selections and reviewers love the attentive but not overbearing service and great ambiance, including a cozy fire.
If you can’t make it to Café Monarch this Valentine’s Day, maybe you could try one of the other top Most Romantic restaurants:
- Café Monarch in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Bavette's Bar & Boeuf in Chicago, Illinois
- Canoe in Atlanta, Georgia
- Penumbra in Chicago, Illinois
- Gourmet Italia in Temecula, California
- L'ardoise Bistro in San Francisco, California
- Island Prime in San Diego, California
- Mama's Fish House in Paia, Hawaii
- Club A Steakhouse in New York City, New York
- Cibo in Phoenix, Arizona